Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chapter 3


Chapter three didn't come as much of a surprise as we watched the movie before we had the chance to watch it but nevertheless, I was taken aback a little. First of all, I never thought Candy would let someone shoot his dog, especially seeing as he didn't do it himself. I was shocked, and I felt for him as I may have shed a tear or two. Somehow, I don't think that they'll end up getting a place of their own, and even if they do, it wouldn't last too long. I thought that Slim would have been with Curley's wife in the barn, but I was wrong. I was very disgusted when Curley started beating Lennie up as he was metally challenged and it was a big disdvantage. It wasn't a fair fight, and luckily Curley agreed to make up a scene in which he got his arm caught in the machine, and Lennie was let loose, but Curley's wife suspected him and she is smarter than she seems. Never under estimate women. Curley seems to have a higher rank than most people on the ranch except for Slim who seems to be in charge of most things, and Curley is scared to fight him. Lennie seems to have no power whatsoever, even though they are just workers there.

No comments: