Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chapter 2




Chapter two started off describing the bunks they were staying at, which George was not too impressed with. They had their first encounter with Curley, the boss's son. He immediately showed that he did not want to be friendly as he picked on Lennie, asking him why he wasn't talking. Candy, the swamper, told them it was because Curley doesn't like guys that are bigger than him. So George and Lennie have a bad start with the boss's son, but when they meet Slim, and Carlson, they seemed decent enough. I think that Slim, Carlson, George, and Lennie will learn to work together, but Curley will willingly not cooperate. Slim, Carlson, and Candy seem like genuine people that would help George and Lennie throughout. I think that Slim will give Lennie a puppy, but I was very shocked when Slim had killedAdd Image four of them, but later I understood why he had to. Candy also may take one, but I don't think he'll ever kill his dog, it's his best friend! I think that Curley's wife is just as much as a threat the Lennie, and Curley is because he was mesmerized by her looks, and that always means trouble. I think Lennie may have to watch his back even if George is looking after him.

No comments: